Tech stocks supported the markets while the gold price remained above the 1400 mark for now
- The S&P 500 Index recovered its losses and gained 0.21% as of 15:30 London time.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index failed to remain in the positive territory despite some strong economic numbers out of Germany. It fell 0.02%.
- The MSCI Emerging Market Index remained mostly neutral but recorded a small gain of 0.05%.
Note: our programmers have developed a profitable forex robot with low risk and stable profit!
- The Bloomberg Dollar Spot Index moved higher ahead of the Fed chairman’s speech. It climbed nearly 0.16%.
- The Euro struggled to stay above the 1.14 mark and fell 0.1% to $1.1388.
- The British pound remained weak as Carney points out to another stimulus package in case of no deal. The currency fell 0.09% to $1.2694.
- The Japanese yen dipped 0.35% to 107.62 per dollar.
- The yield on 10-year Treasuries advanced three basis points to 1.98%.
- Germany’s 10-year yield soared by one basis point to -0.31%.
- Britain’s 10-year yield climbed two basis point to 0.811%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude moved higher due to the heightened geopolitical tensions and gained 2.14% to $59.10 a barrel.
- Gold price dropped ahead of the Jerome Powell’s speech and remained at 1408. It lost nearly 1.24%.