- Crude oil price traded to a new multi-month high at $67.92 before correcting lower.
- A key bearish trend line is forming with resistance near $65.60 on the 4-hours chart of XTI/USD.
- Gold price is recovering, but it could face resistance near $1,760.
- The fed interest rate decision is lined up today (forecast 0.25%, versus 0.25% previous).
Crude Oil Price Technical Analysis
In the past few weeks, crude oil price saw a steady increase above the $60.00 pivot against the US Dollar. The price broke the $65.00 level and traded to a new multi-month high.
Looking at the 4-hours chart of XTI/USD, the price traded as high as $67.94, and it settled well above the 100 simple moving average (red, 4-hours) and the 200 simple moving average (green, 4-hours).
Recently, there was a downside correction below the $66.00 and $65.00 levels. The price found support near $63.20 and it started a fresh increase. It climbed above $65.50, but the bulls struggled above $66.00.
There is also a key bearish trend line forming with resistance near $65.60 on the same chart. A clear break above the trend line resistance and $66.00 could open the doors for a fresh increase.
On the downside, the $63.20 and $63.00 levels are important supports. A downside break below $63.00 could possibly lead the price towards the $60.00 support level and the 200 SMA.
Fundamentally, the US Retail Sales figure for Feb 2021 was released yesterday by the US Census Bureau. The market was looking for a decline of 0.5% compared with the previous month.
The actual result was lower than the forecast, as the US Retail Sales declined 3%. On the other hand, the last reading was revised up from +5.3% to +7.6%.
Looking at EUR/USD and GBP/USD, both pairs are facing hurdles near 1.2000 and 1.4000 respectively. Similarly, gold price is likely to struggle near $1,750 and $1,760.
Economic Releases to Watch Today
- Euro Zone CPI for Feb 2021 (YoY) – Forecast +0.9%, versus +0.9% previous.
- Euro Zone CPI for Feb 2021 (MoM) – Forecast +0.2%, versus +0.2% previous.
- Canadian Consumer Price Index for Feb 2021 (MoM) – Forecast +0.7%, versus +0.6% previous.
- Canadian Consumer Price Index for Feb 2021 (YoY) – Forecast +1.3%, versus +1.0% previous.
- Fed Interest Rate Decision – Forecast 0.25%, versus 0.25% previous.
Written by Admin
Install your trader software at VPS server of one of the super fast providers:
Do you want to have such profits and charts? Choose our Megastorm EA for trading in the Forex market...
While the number of Americans struggling to put food on the table and pay bills ...
10'000 HoursThere are probably a ton of people who got unemployment who rushed to file ...
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome PowellKevin Lamarque | ReutersDespite what he sees as a rapidly recovering ...